A smart guide to the forces that shape the future, readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
- Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
- Stay up to date on global issues, political developments, business and financial news
- Get comprehensive economic reports, a regular briefing on current affairs, science and tech articles and news on cultural affairs
- Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
- Save articles to read offline later
- Save and share your favourite articles via email and social media
-Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
Download the free app now and have the latest international news, business reports, political commentary and financial analysis at your fingertips, as well as insight into the world of arts and cultural affairs.
Haven’t made up your mind?
Key sections and benefits include:
• Each week’s issue available from 9pm London time every Thursday, with authoritative insight into the latest news about current affairs, from politics and science, to big business mergers and driverless cars, and much more
• Download each issue to your device and read offline. Wherever you are, you can catch up on insightful news articles on current affairs from all around the world including US, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas
• Switch easily between reading and listening with The Economist in Audio. Download the audio edition to listen to each week’s issue of The Economist, read by professional broadcasters
• Purchase single issues in the app for world-renowned business news and economy coverage, including economic and financial indicators, world GDP data plus much more
• Store and access back issues
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
• The World in 2018 is now available within The Economist app. Install the app and scroll down through the issues to The World in 2018. Find out how big thinkers, industry leaders and Economist journalists predict 2018 will unfold.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Purchase a quarterly subscription to the full edition for AUD $124.99 / HK$ 618.00 or an annual subscription for AUD $499.99 / HK$ 2,288.00.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.